The government has announced new funding for school sport and PE until 2019, saying, "We can create a culture in our schools that encourages all children to be active and enjoy sport."
Schools will be able to pay for extra coaching sessions to improve the quality of sports and PE provision.
How are we using our extra funding?
- sessions with specialist sports coaches in curriculum time in sports additional to those offered by class teacher
- sports coaches working along side our teachers to develop our skills at teaching PE
- increased resources for PE
- participation in a sports cluster, allowing us opportunities for competitions in a wide range of sports
- increasing opportunities for intra school sports activities and competitions
- increased opportunites for children to learn to swim
- a girls only multi - sport extra curricular club to promote girls participation, based on our in-house analysis of needs
- Playleaders training - to enable our older children to to lead a range of active games for our younger children at lunch times
- My Personal Best fitness tests for every class each term
- Enrichment sessions for KS2 children every term, giving children the opportunity to experience a wider range of sports eg. archery, badminton, volleyball
- Golden Mile - all children challenge themselves to complete as many laps of our trim trail as they can in a week
For further detail of this year's expenditure please see the file DfE Sports Grant Expenditure below