Our Curriculum is.......EVERYTHING THAT WE DO!
In our school, we follow the National Curriculum by taking into account our unique setting and community.
Learners are encouraged to:
- Take responsibility for their own learning.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Pursue new ideas and original thinking.
- Persevere and adapt ideas, applying learning in different situations.
- Question, hypothesise and experiment.
- Make connections between areas of learning and relate studies to real life situations
- Use and apply technology in all areas of the curriculum
- Connect and respond to issues of a global perspective
Social, moral, spiritual and cultural education, together with the promotion of British Values, permeate our curriculum.
Each year group follows a bespoke curriculum designed to equip the children with the skills needed for the next stage of their schooling. Where possible links are made across core and foundation subjects to create a cross-curricular approach where the learning is linked by themes. Such projects usually incorporate creative work in Art, Design Technology, Music and various physical activities. Where this is not possible, learning takes place in discrete units enabling a full and rich curriculum. Learning is made memorable in a variety of interesting and stimulating ways by active learning within and outside the classroom.
The timetable for each class is flexible apart from periods when shared facilities such as the hall and computer suite are used.
The use of computer technology provides a wealth of new learning opportunities within all curriculum areas. Whilst aspects of some subjects, such as Science and RE, may be taught as distinct study units. English and maths are incorporated into many areas of the curriculum.